Old 05-28-2008, 08:08 PM

Default MYSQL Help

Fo one of my sub domains I am suddenly getting the following errors on about 30 files

#1017 - Can't find file: 'phpbb_forums' (errno: 2)

This does not seem to be a user deleting tables ,as MYsql thinks the tables exist , yet when it try's to read data from the table I get file not found errors.

Cpanel does not give anyone access to the directories used by MySQL so can anyone explain how the OS level files have a) been deleted or B) directory permissions changed
Old 05-28-2008, 09:04 PM
Administrator

Default Questions

Some questions I have:

1) Was this sub domain account migrated over to our server or was it setup as a new account and built up?
2) Did it work ok previously on our server? A few days ago?

I have looked at the Mysql databases for both your cpanel accounts and I can't see anything wrong. I assume this database problem is with your sheXXX account?

Can you reset the MySQL database password and update your forum and test if this helps?

I have restarted the MySQL Database server - maybe that will help. If needed I can try a reboot also. But usually these things turn out to be configuration errors.
Old 05-29-2008, 12:15 AM

I migrated the site from a previous host where it still works, it was working where it is now fine until tuesday night 27th from the 10th .

I have restored the site from the original copies I had and all seems to be working,
this I have done to a new database.

I have noticed that a few tables for another test application now have the same problem.
in the old database.

So I am not sure what is happening, the tables appear in phpmyadmin, but error when you try to browse or look at the structure.
Old 05-29-2008, 05:34 AM
Administrator

Strange, this is the first time I've ever heard of this.
Old 05-30-2008, 04:19 PM
Administrator

Actually my apologees. There was a small config change with MySQL. I have corrected this now.
Old 03-06-2017, 09:45 PM

hey..recently i've been encountering pretty much the same issues..tried solving like you did but nothing works..tried asking tech experts whom i pay for essay but they couldn't figure it out..probably you can share some other solutions??
Old 05-09-2017, 12:14 AM

i am also facing the same issue