PDA

View Full Version : Anyone having this same problem with CPanel...

jerry
03-04-2008, 07:39 AM
Hello. Is anyone having this problem with CPanel:
the LATEST VISITORS (Stats) is not working anymore, according to CPanel I should see the latest 300 visitors here. But lately only a few hits are visible and they disappear after about one day. This is happening also on all my other CPanel accounts.
I would like to know if someone else here is also experiencing the same problem.
Thanks

phelum
03-04-2008, 04:25 PM
Hello. Is anyone having this problem with CPanel:
the LATEST VISITORS (Stats) is not working anymore, according to CPanel I should see the latest 300 visitors here. But lately only a few hits are visible and they disappear after about one day.
I had/have the same problem. It looks like the stats update task that is run daily resets the config files and wipes the Apache log for the user. But, in the last few days the user logs haven't been wiped so maybe Brett has changed the daily update (or not run it).

I am on NS2 (both the old and now the new one) and the last log purge was about Feb 28 00:00.

You could submit a ticket about this. I have one open and I'm not sure if the changes so far have fixed the problem so I can't really provide any more help at the moment.

I would really like the log files to be reset each month and I think this is the way it is meant to work. Past months' logs are gzip'd and kept in the logs directory if you want to see them.

-- Steven

jerry
03-07-2008, 08:12 AM
thanks steven - I will also submit a ticket about this.